Eventually I stopped whining and said "What the heck...why not?" I will run 5 miles with a giant pair of scissors...no big deal.
Saturday morning after our amazing carb overload of a dinner we carpooled up to the Boulevard Brewery in Kansas City to start the race. The first leg of the race would begin here and end at the Free State Brewery in Lawrence Kansas. As we were waiting for the race to start I noticed more than just a few people drinking beer!! Not only was it 8am...but we were about to run in the heat ALL day...and I love my beer just as much as the next person, but really? I decided to wait until after my leg to pop open an ice cold beer.
Check out this All Star team and the "scissors"
Being silly
Check-point 1, waiting for Ann
Check point 1 again
Nick is giving Erin a pep-talk for her leg of the race...I think?
Check-point 2, a glass covered parking lot
Shawn taking the hand off from Erin...it was SOOOO windy, which made holding the scissors and running that much more difficult. I mean who doesn't like running in place?
I have this wonderful lady to thank for my entering this race :)
Check-point 3, waiting for Shawn to pass the scissors on to Kala
Final check-point- How many adults can you fit in a random dog cage? We stopped at 3, but I am almost certain we could have fit one more ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment