Hi all...what are you up to today? What am I up to today, you ask? Well...I'm just signing up for marathons and stuff...you know...no big deal :)
Honestly though...if you had told me back in January that I would be signing up to run a marathon this year, I probably would have laughed in your face.
Like I have said before, I figured I would stick to mostly 5k's and 10k's for my New Year's Resolution. I even mentioned that I "might"throw a half-marathon in there just for a little challenge.
Well...here I am...3 half marathons later (all in a 5 week span) another half (Scout Strong Challenge) planned for Sept. 13th....and drumroll please....
I have signed up to run a full marathon!!! I blog-committed (much more serious than a verbal commitment) about 3 weeks ago...but today...the ultimate commitment...I clicked that little register button and I will officially be running 26.2 miles on October 18th.
As of today (July 10th, 1:51PM I have 99 days, 10 hours, 9 minutes, and 7 seconds until I run the biggest, most difficult race of my life!
While I am panicking a little bit...I can't help but be a little excited too. I have never done something so physically and mentally demanding before in my life. A few days ago I was feeling really tired and burnt out on running and questioning myself on whether or not I was up for this...but after giving myself a few days of rest and lots of yoga, I am feeling refreshed and ready for tomorrow's long run and putting last week's crap running in the past. I'm doing it...26.2 or bust!



Congrats on making the decision to run 26.2. I'll be doing my first marathon in January. I'm a little nervous but I figure it can't be THAT bad since my sister has done 7 of them already...lol. After that i'm sure i'll be back to doing only 5k's and 10K's! Thanks for stopping by our blog! Keep in touch!
ReplyDelete