I've already posted about my July race(s) so this is really just a formality. I've told you before, when I make a New Year's Resolution...I stick to it! This year I not only promised to run 12 races in 12 months, but I said I would blog about it each month as well....so please forgive me if this is boring, but I am just not feeling it today.
I ran 2 races in July
1) Rock the Crossroads 5k with my mom :)
2) Hit and Run 5k with AJ, my mom, and her friend Janie
Both of these races were fun and stress free...which I liked. It was nice not worrying about my pace, getting a PR or trying to place in my AG...you know all those fun things an uber-competitive person stresses about before races :)
July's miles were the most I have ever run in a month (thanks to marathon training) and I am thinking August and September may be even higher (eek!)
July- 115 miles
YTD- 649 miles
I'm wasting no time at all getting my August race in...I will be running the Royals Charities 5k tomorrow...and in true Heather fashion...I am putting the pressure on. I am thinking about a shiny new PR and placing in the top 3 in my age group.
The good news is they think I am 99 years old...so winning my age group should be a piece of cake ;)
How many miles did you run in July?
Do 5ks stress you out like they do me?
Anybody have any races planned for August?





I did *sigh* only about 25 miles for July. A friend and I are having a little competition to see who can run the most in August (and we're both aiming for 75+). I did two races yesterday, and have 3 more planned for August!
ReplyDeleteI ran 64.78 miles this month, and I'm hoping to be closer to 80miles by the end of August.... No races in July, but my son and I are running a 4 mile race on the 16th.
ReplyDeleteMy goal is to push my speed... I've got a lot more training to do before I place in my AG, but, it's a goal...
However, my son (for his first 5k in June) placed 2nd in his AG, and I was so happy for him. I've got a runner on my hands!!!
OH, and 99 years old.. DAMN GIRL YOU LOOK GOOD! ;)
I don't know if my comment went through or not... my computer has been weird lately. Anyway, congrats with your July miles! I'm doing a 100 Summer Miles link up on Thursdays... You should link up since you're logging so many miles already. Here's the link if you're interested... http://www.mindofkiwi.com/2014/07/100summermiles.html
ReplyDelete