Definitely feeling...and looking bigger this week. My clothes are snug and I spend way more time than normal trying to pick out something to wear. At this point I just look kind of chubby...and it's a mental game every time I get dressed. My mid-section just looks thick and shapeless...I am looking forward to the day I actually look pregnant, instead of just like I have gained a few lbs.
How far along?
13 weeks...and in my last week of the 1st trimester and looking forward to the 2nd trimester; which has been described as the honeymoon phase of pregnancy! I fully intend to enjoy these next several weeks...and put the woes of first trimester far behind me!
How big is baby?
A lemon or toy car (~3" and .81oz)
A lemon or toy car (~3" and .81oz)
What's baby up to this week?
Baby is forming vocal cords and even though teeny tiny, he or she already has fingerprints!
Baby is forming vocal cords and even though teeny tiny, he or she already has fingerprints!
Symptoms?
I am knocking on every wooden thing around me right now...but I have completely turned a corner. I had VERY little nausea this week...like almost none, and it was glorious! Monday morning I woke up feeling great...I told AJ I didn't realize how bad I truly felt until I had a morning where I felt great! The fatigue is still there...but that I can handle. Not one instance of gagging or dry-heaving this week and I am OH SO THANKFUL!
I am knocking on every wooden thing around me right now...but I have completely turned a corner. I had VERY little nausea this week...like almost none, and it was glorious! Monday morning I woke up feeling great...I told AJ I didn't realize how bad I truly felt until I had a morning where I felt great! The fatigue is still there...but that I can handle. Not one instance of gagging or dry-heaving this week and I am OH SO THANKFUL!
Maternity Clothes?
Just my belly band! Hoping to get by with my leggings, dresses, and regular clothes for as long as possible!
Just my belly band! Hoping to get by with my leggings, dresses, and regular clothes for as long as possible!
Sleep?
Eh...off and on. I have some nights where I sleep great and there were a few where I couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep.
Eh...off and on. I have some nights where I sleep great and there were a few where I couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep.
Missing Anything?
Not a thing!
Not a thing!
Craving?
Nothing too specific...but I still enjoy my warm carbs.
Nothing too specific...but I still enjoy my warm carbs.
Aversions?
The thought of cucumbers doesn't make my stomach turn, but I think I will avoid them a bit longer and the smell of hand sanitizer is still a stomach churner.
The thought of cucumbers doesn't make my stomach turn, but I think I will avoid them a bit longer and the smell of hand sanitizer is still a stomach churner.
Emotions?
I got to share my exciting news with friends, co-workers, and even my students. How can I not be over the moon happy? Keeping this secret, feeling as awful as I did was really hard. Now, not only is the secret out...but I feel SOOOO much better.
I got to share my exciting news with friends, co-workers, and even my students. How can I not be over the moon happy? Keeping this secret, feeling as awful as I did was really hard. Now, not only is the secret out...but I feel SOOOO much better.
Best Moment of the week?
Getting to tell my teacher friends at our weekly girls' dinner. I was able to completely catch them off guard! We were talking about my friend Erin's family photos and I casually said "speaking of photos, I have one to show you guys" and I whipped out the sonogram. The looks on their faces were priceless...and the screams that followed...well let's just say AJ could hear us over the lawnmower :) It's moments like this that I feel even more grateful for my little framily.
Getting to tell my teacher friends at our weekly girls' dinner. I was able to completely catch them off guard! We were talking about my friend Erin's family photos and I casually said "speaking of photos, I have one to show you guys" and I whipped out the sonogram. The looks on their faces were priceless...and the screams that followed...well let's just say AJ could hear us over the lawnmower :) It's moments like this that I feel even more grateful for my little framily.
Pregnancy Brain Moments?
None that I can think of...#BadumpPsh
None that I can think of...#BadumpPsh
Looking forward to?
Fall! We have already gotten a wonderful glimpse of the beautiful fall weather this week and I can't wait to fully enjoy these next few months!
Fall! We have already gotten a wonderful glimpse of the beautiful fall weather this week and I can't wait to fully enjoy these next few months!
Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
Nada! Although I am itching to get started on the nursery...it's not too soon right?
Nada! Although I am itching to get started on the nursery...it's not too soon right?
Running?
This is a close second for best moment of the week...I ran 5 miles on Sunday and it felt WONDERFUL! They weren't kidding when they said "it will get better" HOWEVER, one day this week I decided to walk instead of run and threw in some light strength training (5lb weights...watch out!) and I think I did a total of 30 squats/lunges of different varieties...and let's just say that I was sore for several days after!! You can definitely tell I neglected more than just running during the first trimester!
This is a close second for best moment of the week...I ran 5 miles on Sunday and it felt WONDERFUL! They weren't kidding when they said "it will get better" HOWEVER, one day this week I decided to walk instead of run and threw in some light strength training (5lb weights...watch out!) and I think I did a total of 30 squats/lunges of different varieties...and let's just say that I was sore for several days after!! You can definitely tell I neglected more than just running during the first trimester!
0 comments:
Post a Comment