This week we saw our sweet little baby for the first time and let me tell you...it was OH.SO.SWEET! There is nothing quite like the sweet relief and pure joy of seeing your baby and their heartbeat at that first sonogram.
How far along?
9 weeks
How big is baby?
A cherry
~0.91" and ~0.07 oz
~0.91" and ~0.07 oz
What's baby up to this week?
This week baby is no longer an embryo-he or she is now a fetus. Baby is developing more distinct facial features.
Symptoms?
I have had on and off again nausea for the last few weeks. I would definitely say I am having more good days than bad days though...definitely, nowhere near as bad as the nausea was with Benny...but there have been a few days where I feel pretty rotten. I have dry heaved a handful of times and thrown up once...which was fun...especially because Benny followed me into the bathroom and when I looked up he had this big grin on his face and said "Hi Mama!" and another time when I was dry heaving he he started mocking me by gagging and saying "I sick" It's definitely the comic relief I need during those crummy moments.
Besides nausea I have been tired and have had lots and lots of cramping and pulling. At our appointment this week Dr. Blevins said this was very normal and that with it being my second pregnancy I will feel all of those things sooner.
Besides nausea I have been tired and have had lots and lots of cramping and pulling. At our appointment this week Dr. Blevins said this was very normal and that with it being my second pregnancy I will feel all of those things sooner.
Maternity Clothes?
Nope, still comfortably wearing all of my normal clothes.
Sleep?
Pregnancy insomnia was one of my first clues that I was pregnant. I tend to wake up really early in the morning and cannot for the life of me fall back asleep. That mixed with a little sprinkle of anxiety has been really tough. However, after our appointment on Wednesday I have been sleeping much better...minus the frequent middle of the night bathroom trips.
Missing Anything?
My energy...I have been draaaagggiiinnnggg these last few weeks.
My energy...I have been draaaagggiiinnnggg these last few weeks.
Craving?
I really haven't been craving much. The nausea hasn't been too bad this time around, but I haven't had much of an appetite. I did have one morning where all I could think about was McDonald's Sweet Tea. I avoided caffeine the whole time I was pregnant with Benny and have up until now with this baby...but, I ended up caving and getting a small sweet tea which hit the spot perfectly!
Aversions?
Last week we bought all the stuff to make chili for the Chiefs' game and just the thought of eating chili made me feel nauseous. I'm hoping this aversion goes away quickly, because really there is nothing I enjoy quite as much as a bowl of chili.
Emotions?
I forgot how nerve-wracking the first few weeks of pregnancy can be...so needless to say I was feeling a little anxious leading up to our appointment. The minute I saw our sweet baby and its heart beating up on the screen that anxiety melted away and now all I feel is joy and excitement!
Movement?
None yet
Best Moment of the week
Our doctor's appointment and seeing our sweet little baby's heartbeat!
Our doctor's appointment and seeing our sweet little baby's heartbeat!
Pregnancy Brain Moments
Gosh, I forgot how real this was. I have misspoke so many times it's not even funny. I can't remember anything and I feel so scattered.
Looking forward to?
Telling our family!
Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
Nope, we are still deciding on what we want to do crib wise. We have discussed leaving the nursery as it and just moving Benny into a big boy bed in the other bedroom. It makes this mama's heart hurt a little thinking about not only moving rooms, but taking him out of the crib...so I am not really sure what we will do yet.
Running?
I had forgotten how exhausting the first trimester is. Mix that with a little bit of anxiety, I haven't been working out or running as much. I signed up to run the Rock the Parkway half marathon in April when I will be about 19/20 weeks pregnant...so we will see how that goes. I'm giving myself grace and taking as many days to do absolutely nothing as I need. I keep reminding myself how much better 2nd trimester is and counting down the days until we get there!
Big Brother Moments
Besides his compassion for mama when she is throwing up or dry heaving, little guy was SUPER excited to see the first pictures of his baby brother or sister. When we got back from the sonogram appointment we showed him and he grabbed it right out of my hands. He immediately started chanting what sounded like "baby sister" but then we quickly realized he was saying "baby sticker" as he was trying to stick it to his shirt...lol! We have asked him if he thinks he is having a baby brother or sister and he always says sister...so we shall see!
**I have been going back and reading all of my old posts from when I was pregnant with Benny. Here is my 9 weeks post from then. I am definitely grateful to not be dealing with the all day nausea this go around...especially since I have a VERY active toddler on my hands that is attached to his mama's hip at the moment :)
I had forgotten how exhausting the first trimester is. Mix that with a little bit of anxiety, I haven't been working out or running as much. I signed up to run the Rock the Parkway half marathon in April when I will be about 19/20 weeks pregnant...so we will see how that goes. I'm giving myself grace and taking as many days to do absolutely nothing as I need. I keep reminding myself how much better 2nd trimester is and counting down the days until we get there!
Big Brother Moments
Besides his compassion for mama when she is throwing up or dry heaving, little guy was SUPER excited to see the first pictures of his baby brother or sister. When we got back from the sonogram appointment we showed him and he grabbed it right out of my hands. He immediately started chanting what sounded like "baby sister" but then we quickly realized he was saying "baby sticker" as he was trying to stick it to his shirt...lol! We have asked him if he thinks he is having a baby brother or sister and he always says sister...so we shall see!
**I have been going back and reading all of my old posts from when I was pregnant with Benny. Here is my 9 weeks post from then. I am definitely grateful to not be dealing with the all day nausea this go around...especially since I have a VERY active toddler on my hands that is attached to his mama's hip at the moment :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment