Motherhood is weird...On one hand I cannot remember life before this sweet little guy came into it. I often wonder what I did for fun before I had him around to entertain me ;)
But on the other hand I am sitting here wondering how almost 2 years has come and gone in the blink of an eye. It's mind-boggling how fast it goes...I swear he was just a squishy little baby...and now he is practically a teenager :)
Unlike the newborn/baby stage things he isn't changing nearly as much day to day or month to month...which is kind of nice. When he was a baby we would get into a good routine and then BAM something would throw it off or something would change.
These days things are pretty consistent and that has been really nice.
Sleep got kind of messed up around the holidays with the go-go-go, later/shorter naps, and later bedtimes. He was such a trooper through it all, but the last few weeks he has been a bear at nap time and bedtime. The minute he senses that it's time for bed he starts to fight. He will insist on playing with something or going somewhere and when we pick him up to go upstairs he will throw a fit. It's not been fun, but with some consistency things are getting better. He is still avoiding nap and trying to distract us as much as he can...but he isn't screaming and crying anymore...thank goodness!
Over winter break he nearly ate us out of house and home. He also was sleeping in until 8-8:30 most days and would often take a 2.5-3 hour nap each day. There is no doubt this guy is growing!
His favorite foods this month are pretty much the same. He loves his blue-babies, straw-babies, grapes, yogurt, Goldfish, Mac and Cheese, pizza, and french fries. While he has always been a pretty decent eater, lately he has gotten more picky and refuses to try certain things. It seems like he eats the same things all of the time. We offer him what we are having for dinner along with sides that we know he will eat..and sometimes he will eat what we are having and sometimes he won't. I try not to stress too much about it because I know he will eat when he is hungry.
Some of his favorite things these days include his mama, building forts, Paw Patrol, his books, The Lion King (Musasa), stickers, playing in the snow, and his Paw Patrol Puzzles.
The Paw Patrol thing is so funny to me because we don't have Nickelodeon, therefore we had never watched the show at our house. I asked Diane if they watched it at her house and she was like "I guess, sometimes?" So I am pretty sure it was love at first sight for this kid. We have rented a DVD from the library and bought him a few Paw Patrol books and he is a happy camper. His favorite though, as I mentioned above is his Paw Patrol puzzles. Seriously, this is all he ever wants to play with. The set came with 5 puzzles and we have probably put each of them together at least 50 times. He surprised me because he is weirdly good at putting together puzzles. When we first started I would just tell him where the pieces went and he would put them together...and now he can pretty much put them completely together all on his own. He looks at the shapes and the pictures on them and matches them up. Seriously...this kid blows my mind!
In the past I have had a hard time coming up with a list of things this kid didn't like because he was always so easy-going and happy go lucky. And while he is still pretty happy go lucky...he has asserted his opinion and used the word "no" quite a bit more these last few weeks.
Milestones are really hard these days because he isn't changing as much. He is still talking like crazy. He can say full on sentences and 99% of the time he can clearly communicate what he wants.
We went to the doctor last week for another round of croup and as we were checking out he looked at the nurse and said "Paw Patrol sticker please" 1) It was crazy to me that he remembered that he gets stickers at the doctor when he is sick...and 2) I nearly burst with pride when he used his manners.
Like I said, thing have been pretty much the same around here...and I am not mad about that at all. I still think he is the cutest and smartest little guy in the world...and that's okay because I am his mama!
These days things are pretty consistent and that has been really nice.
Sleep got kind of messed up around the holidays with the go-go-go, later/shorter naps, and later bedtimes. He was such a trooper through it all, but the last few weeks he has been a bear at nap time and bedtime. The minute he senses that it's time for bed he starts to fight. He will insist on playing with something or going somewhere and when we pick him up to go upstairs he will throw a fit. It's not been fun, but with some consistency things are getting better. He is still avoiding nap and trying to distract us as much as he can...but he isn't screaming and crying anymore...thank goodness!
Over winter break he nearly ate us out of house and home. He also was sleeping in until 8-8:30 most days and would often take a 2.5-3 hour nap each day. There is no doubt this guy is growing!
His favorite foods this month are pretty much the same. He loves his blue-babies, straw-babies, grapes, yogurt, Goldfish, Mac and Cheese, pizza, and french fries. While he has always been a pretty decent eater, lately he has gotten more picky and refuses to try certain things. It seems like he eats the same things all of the time. We offer him what we are having for dinner along with sides that we know he will eat..and sometimes he will eat what we are having and sometimes he won't. I try not to stress too much about it because I know he will eat when he is hungry.
Some of his favorite things these days include his mama, building forts, Paw Patrol, his books, The Lion King (Musasa), stickers, playing in the snow, and his Paw Patrol Puzzles.
The Paw Patrol thing is so funny to me because we don't have Nickelodeon, therefore we had never watched the show at our house. I asked Diane if they watched it at her house and she was like "I guess, sometimes?" So I am pretty sure it was love at first sight for this kid. We have rented a DVD from the library and bought him a few Paw Patrol books and he is a happy camper. His favorite though, as I mentioned above is his Paw Patrol puzzles. Seriously, this is all he ever wants to play with. The set came with 5 puzzles and we have probably put each of them together at least 50 times. He surprised me because he is weirdly good at putting together puzzles. When we first started I would just tell him where the pieces went and he would put them together...and now he can pretty much put them completely together all on his own. He looks at the shapes and the pictures on them and matches them up. Seriously...this kid blows my mind!
In the past I have had a hard time coming up with a list of things this kid didn't like because he was always so easy-going and happy go lucky. And while he is still pretty happy go lucky...he has asserted his opinion and used the word "no" quite a bit more these last few weeks.
Milestones are really hard these days because he isn't changing as much. He is still talking like crazy. He can say full on sentences and 99% of the time he can clearly communicate what he wants.
Like I said, thing have been pretty much the same around here...and I am not mad about that at all. I still think he is the cutest and smartest little guy in the world...and that's okay because I am his mama!
0 comments:
Post a Comment