Saturday, March 23, 2019

17 weeks: Can't.Stop.Eating


Do I look exhausted? Yes...yes I do and that's because I am. First trimester fatigue has passed...but selling/buying a house fatigue has set in BIG time.

How far along?
17 weeks

How big is baby?
A pomegranate 5.12" and 5.90 oz

Weight Gain
According to the doctor's scale I have gained 6 pounds; I have gained weight faster this time around...but I also started about 4lbs lighter than I did with Benny so I am at the exact same weight I was with him at this point. I'm trying not to get too hung up on the weight gain and just stay as healthy and active as I can...although, it might help if I could stop eating ALL.THE.FOOD. I am just so darn hungry. 

What's baby up to this week?
Baby's rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone and he/she is growing fast and putting some meat on those bones.

Symptoms?
I'm feeling much more like myself these days. I have random bouts of nausea...but nothing serious. My back has been a little sore; but we have been in the middle of getting our house ready to put on the market, so I have been doing a lot of packing and decluttering so I think that has a lot to do with it. I would say for the most part I am feeling really great...getting my energy back has been amazing!

Maternity Clothes?
Just in the last week my pants have gotten very snug. I can still button them, but it's getting pretty uncomfortable and I hate the bumpy look the buttons or belly band leave so I have worn my maternity jeans the last few days.

I am starting to get a more noticeable bump. I just recently told work right before spring break and thank goodness I did because I think people might have started to suspect something. I told my students today and one of them responded with "Yea, I thought you were kind of looking a little pregnant" lol!

Sleep?
Sleep has been great up until the last few days. It's like it all hit me at once...the bump showed up and now my back is hurting a little more and it's harder to get comfortable. I finally pulled the ol' trusty Snoogle out so I am hoping that helps!

Missing Anything?
Not a thing!

Craving?
My sweet tooth has seemed to have subsided a little bit, thank goodness, but I am still thinking about sweet tea quite a bit. 

Aversions?
AJ started a new job last month and he brought home some of the spaghetti sauce they had made for someone and I have to tell you it was SO gross. I felt sick to my stomach afterwards and couldn't bring myself to eat the leftovers. I told him no more experimenting with me while pregnant.

Emotions?
It's been a crazy week or so with selling our house and buying another one. I have had a little bit of anxiety with all of that, but mostly I am just SO darn excited about this next chapter in our lives. 

Movement? 
Yes, I have most definitely felt the little flutters in the last few days and I am so stinking excited. This is hands down my most favorite part of pregnancy.

Best Moment(s)
It's been a big month of us...actually, more like a big 10 days. In 10 days we went from having no intention of moving, to putting an offer on a new house (that was accepted!) and putting our house on the market (and selling it before it even officially went on the market) It's be a stressful and exhausting 10 days...and I am sure there are many stressful/exhausting days headed our way; but these things are all worth it because these are such amazing, wonderful things. We may have had no intention of moving right this minute, but we have talked about wanting to try and get into a 4 bedroom house and ideally stay in our neighborhood...well all the stars aligned and here we are, it happened! We are moving down the street (.25 miles) and staying in the neighborhood we love while getting into a bigger house (with 4 bedrooms) I am super sad to leave our home and all the memories, but the thought of bringing our new baby home to this house and completing our family here makes me so happy. We have so many wonderful memories to make in our new house <3

Pregnancy Brain Moments
There is a lot of paperwork involved in buying/selling a house and my brain can not compute.

Looking forward to?
April 18th is a BIG day for our family all around. We will be closing on our house at 1:00 and then heading straight to the doctor's office for our anatomy scan. This next month will simultaneously fly (so.much.to.do!) and drag on!  

Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
Nothing, we aren't buying a single thing until after we move.

Running?
Running has been going great! Last weekend I was able to easily run 9 miles in preparation for the Rock the Parkway half marathon. My pace has slowed way down and there are plenty of walk breaks sprinkled in, but I am so grateful to be feeling this good. I have had very little soreness after these long runs and haven't experienced the hip and pelvic pain I had at this point with Benny.

I have decided I won't be making any goals for running this go around. I made it till 37 weeks (9 days before he was born) with Benny...and while I would like to go that long I am being realistic. Between having less free time these days I also know that summer running is always a little bit more of a struggle. Add that to being 8 or 9 months pregnant and I have a feeling it won't be pretty.

Big Brother Moments
The terrible twos may be hitting our house after all. Our once super laid back go with the flow little guy has now started voicing his opinions quite a bit. He has thrown himself on the ground in protest several times and we have seen a lot more tears than normal. These moments are not too frequent and pass quickly, but they are definitely out of the ordinary for our little guy. We are working hard on not reacting and giving him the time and space to have his big feelings...most of the time we have to work really hard not to laugh at him because when he runs off to the corner to pout it's pretty darn cute :)


Follow 

Follow

0 comments:

Post a Comment