Monday, April 1, 2019

TWO

How is it that I have been writing these monthly recaps for 2 years now? It doesn't seem quite possible to be honest with you. Kids have a way of putting life on fast forward! 


Every month I think I am going to stop with the updates, but they are just so much fun to go back and look at...and honestly, once baby #2 comes I have a feeling my memory will be even worse...so at least this way I will have a written account of our sweet little guys' baby and toddler years. 

This month he seemed to change SO much. His little personality and the funny little things he says kept us laughing all month long...and at times it has us shaking our heads and wondering where he picked that up...and the answer is always us...of course...so that makes it all the more funny.

His newest phrase has been "I not..." followed by whatever activity he isn't wanting to participate in. He will say "I not wearing that" when he feels extra picky about his clothes (or pjs) he will say "I not eating that" if he isn't feeling something we put on his plate...and my favorite by far is "I not tired...AT ALL" when we tell him that it is bed time. His cute little voice makes his opposition to these things less frustrating and more cute :) 

He also loves to overuse the phrase "No tank you" We tried teaching him that to avoid the hateful "NO" that we were getting, but now it seems to have backfired on us. When we tell him "let's go upstairs for bed" he will politely say "No tank you" 

Brushing his teeth is another situation where we get a lot of "no tank yous" and you would think we were trying to torture this kid all in the name of good oral hygiene. Once we get started he is fine, but I think he knows that brushing his teeth in the evening leads to bed time, so he isn't the biggest fan. 

He had been fighting us pretty hard core at bed time and yelling "Guys, wait" and putting his hand in the air when we would go to leave his room...but lately he has been a lot more cooperative. Even when he isn't crazy about bedtime he settles down and usually falls asleep pretty quickly. His bedtime is still around 7:30PM and we still wake him up at 6:45 during the week and he will sleep until 7:30ish on the weekends. He is a great sleeper and we are continuing to thank our lucky stars (and stocking up on sleep before August!)

He is still a little picky with his eating, but still eats quite a variety of foods. Some days he will refuse to try anything new and other times he surprises us by eating all of his grilled green beans. We continue to offer him new foods, and foods he has previously rejected, but we don't worry to much if he decides to eat or not. If he skips a meal (or just eats a piece of cantaloupe and a few spoonfuls of ranch dressing) he will often make up for it at the next meal...so we aren't too worried. We have also started giving him a daily multi-vitamin, which he calls his "bitamin" so we feel a little better about him getting what he needs. 

His favorite foods are still mac and cheese, peanut butter, fruit snacks, and gold fish. He loves any and all fruit, but when we asked what his favorite was he told us cantaloupe. Whenever we ask him what he wants for lunch, he will get very serious and say "Ummm....how bout....mac and cheese" 

Now that the weather has FINALLY gotten nicer we spend most of our time outdoors and all he wants to do is color with chalk. I swear this kid would spend his entire day coloring if we would let him. He still likes his puzzles, but he doesn't ask for them 24/7 like he used to...which is good because I was getting tired of them ;) 

He is also still VERY into Paw Patrol. He likes the show...but really prefers to listen to "exa" play the theme song and the "pup pup boogie" and for his birthday he got a Lookout Tower and a couple of the cars and characters so he spends most of his time playing with that. 

His favorite movie has been Lion King up until a few days ago when we let him watch a little bit of Star Wars and now all he wants to do is "watcha star wars" lol! I can't say I mind that one bit!

Other than coloring and Paw Patrol he doesn't play with many toys. He likes his trains and Mr. Potato Head quite a bit, but would prefer to play with things that aren't toys. He loves to build forts and then dive-bombs onto the blanket from the couch. We have to watch closely because this kid has no fear and is going to break his neck if we aren't careful. My mama heart stops every time that little daredevil tries out one of his new tricks. 

This last month seemed to go by in the blink of an eye, and while I am still in denial that he is already two...I am enjoying this age/stage SO much! His interactions, his personality, and watching him learn new things has been SO much fun. He does have more of an opinion these days and a few fits here and there, but all in all he is still our easy going, happy go lucky kid and he is pretty much guaranteeing us that baby #2 will give us a run for our money ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment