Thursday, April 25, 2019

21 Weeks: It's a...


How far along?
21 weeks

How big is baby?
An Endive 10.5" and 12.7 oz

Weight Gain
10ish lbs depending on the day/scale

What's baby up to this week?
Lil man's digestive system is prepping for the outside world. He is making the tarry black substance that we will experience with the first dirty diaper...and let me tell you AJ can't wait for this again ;)

Symptoms?
Just a few backaches here and there, but nothing crazy. I'm a little more winded these days and it's getting a little trickier to bend down quickly and pick things up.

Maternity Clothes?
Maternity pants mixed with regular tops. I really popped starting about 17 weeks; which was much sooner than with Benny. I feel like I definitely look pregnant nowadays...which is great because it's shortened the "is she pregnant or has she been eating a lot of donuts" stage.

Sleep?
Sleep has been pretty good for the most part. I have had a few sleepless nights due to a sick dog and some moving/life anxiety.

Missing Anything?
With the stress of the move I would really like a glass bottle of wine or a beer

Craving?
Still craving sweets, but not nearly as much as I was before, and my appetite has actually slowed down a bit (THANK GOODNESS)...but I am thinking about Pepsi A LOT. I completely avoided caffeine when I was pregnant with Benny and it didn't bother me at all...but this time around I have given into my cravings here and there. 

Aversions?
Nothing really...I am still having a hard time drinking enough water, but it's more because I am not thirsty or thinking about it.

Emotions?
I have been a bit anxious the last few weeks with the upcoming move...which has then transferred over to anxiety about the baby. Leading up to the anatomy scan I was super duper anxious about something being wrong with baby's health. I didn't have any anxiety leading up to Benny's...but for some reason this time around I was so anxious...I think I can contribute some of that to the move and all the other things going on in life right now :)

We had our scan on Thursday and I held my breath the entire time. When we met with the doctor afterwards and she said "baby is growing right on track, anatomy looks good, and everything looks perfect" I let out a huge sigh of relief and started to cry. I'm so so so grateful and relieved! 

Movement? 
YES! Finally I am feeling some consistent movement. I have been feeling little flutters for the last month, but nothing very consistent or strong. I had one day where I didn't feel the baby move at all and let's just say I was in panic mode...but now I am feeling little pokes throughout the day every day...and that makes me so happy!

I also found out at the anatomy scan I have what they call an "anterior placenta" which means the placenta is in the front and explains why I felt movements later, lighter, and less frequently than with Benny.

Best Moment(s)
So many great things this month...#1 was seeing our sweet, healthy, baby BOY!!! I went into the scan feeling like it was a boy, but I had been SO wrong with Benny I wasn't sure. He was a modest little guy and kept his legs clamped tightly shut for quite awhile which made me think it might be a girl...because with Benny his goods were the first thing that flashed on the screen lol! While we would have been THRILLED with a baby girl, we are both so excited that Benny is going to have a little brother. I think there is just something so special about a same gender siblings and their relationship as they grow up.

We also closed on our house on Tuesday and moved in this weekend. This process has been a whirlwind of craziness and it's so nice to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now it's just time to add our own personal touches and make it our own.

Finally, crossing the finish line of the Rock the Parkway half marathon was pretty darn incredible. I have had my doubts over the last month that I would be able to run 13.1 miles at 20 weeks pregnant...but I did it, and I am SO proud!

Pregnancy Brain Moments
Words...words are so damn hard these days and it's frustrating to say the least. I can't even laugh at myself right now because I am so frustrated. 

Looking forward to?
Getting unpacked and settled into our new house and celebrating Easter with Benny and our family. 

Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
After our anatomy scan I went to Target to get peeps for our little "reveal" and as I walked through the baby clothes (I couldn't resist!) I grabbed a pack of cute little newborn sized onsies <3

Running?
Running has been AMAZING! I was able to complete several long runs leading up to Rock the Parkway half and then complete the half relatively easily. I had some soreness in my pubic bone/pelvis immediately following the long runs and the race, but I felt fine the next day. And on top of that I was able to run the half marathon in 2 hours and 29 minutes...which was slower than my other half marathons...but it was still only 25 minutes slower than my slowest; and at 20 weeks pregnant I feel like that is an accomplishment.

 At this point with Benny I was running no more than 4-5 miles at a time due to soreness...hoping this is a good sign for things to come!

Big Brother Moments
Oh this boy keeps us laughing every.single.day! His "terrible twos" have created a lot more drama and tears in our days...but for the most part he is still pretty happy go lucky, and I am hoping once the chaos of moving is over we will all be feeling a lot less stressed. At his 2 year check-up he was super cooperative (and quite the ham) and let Dr. Foss check his teeth (which he never lets me do!) and she said his bottom molars were coming in...so I am wondering if that has also contributed to the increase in drama ;)

We have been asking him for weeks if he is going to have a baby brother or a baby sister and he will just look at us and say nothing. He refuses to answer the question and changes the topic quickly. When we ask him if he is going to be a big brother he responds with "No thanks" soooo...we are adjusting to the news quite well ;)


After our anatomy scan we wanted to tell Benny in a cute way that we could video tape and send to our family members. So, I bought some Peeps and put them in an Easter egg for him to open....and let's just say it went a little awry. He was more interested in his candy and now he is convinced he is getting a purple Easter Bunny come August lol! This kid is in for a heck of a surprise ;)

Follow 

Follow

0 comments:

Post a Comment