Not my most flattering picture...but I suppose I should keep it real. This is my weekend "I can't be bothered to get dressed look" paired with my eyes are swollen and red from all the allergens in the air. Where is that pregnancy glow everyone talks about? Right now I am just feeling kind of blah...
How far along?
25 weeks
How big is baby?
A head of cauliflower...but last week was a cantaloupe and cauliflower seems smaller to me than a cantaloupe...so very confusing ;)
13.5" and 1.46lbs
Weight Gain
About 14 lbs according to the doctor's scale, but still about 10-11 lbs according to my scale at home. Not sure why the difference...but I'm trying really hard not to focus on weight gain. I have gained more and faster this time around than I did with Benny and for some reason it has really messed with my head. I had very little appetite with Benny and had more time to workout...and this time around I am insatiable and only manage to find time to work out 3-4 days per week.
13.5" and 1.46lbs
Weight Gain
About 14 lbs according to the doctor's scale, but still about 10-11 lbs according to my scale at home. Not sure why the difference...but I'm trying really hard not to focus on weight gain. I have gained more and faster this time around than I did with Benny and for some reason it has really messed with my head. I had very little appetite with Benny and had more time to workout...and this time around I am insatiable and only manage to find time to work out 3-4 days per week.
What's baby up to this week?
He now knows which was is up and which way is down. He is putting on more fat and hair too! I haven't had heartburn nearly as bad as I did with Benny at this point so it makes me wonder if the old wives tale is right and he won't come out with a head full of hair like Benny did.
He now knows which was is up and which way is down. He is putting on more fat and hair too! I haven't had heartburn nearly as bad as I did with Benny at this point so it makes me wonder if the old wives tale is right and he won't come out with a head full of hair like Benny did.
Symptoms?
I have had a few bouts of nausea and just feeling kind of blah these last few weeks. I have some back pain if I sit or stand for too long and holy smokes am I winded! I am having trouble catching a deep breath...I'm blaming some of it on baby squishing my lungs...but also spring allergies have made life pretty rough.
Maternity Clothes?
Still mixing maternity pants with mostly regular tops. I have a few maternity tops from last time, but I just can't bring myself to buy any more. I only have a week left of school so I am holding on until I can just wear workout clothes every day! I will worry about clothes when August comes ;)
Sleep?
I have been sleeping pretty well thanks to Mr. Snoogle. I wake up most nights to go to the bathroom, but generally fall back asleep pretty easily.
Missing Anything?
Being able to pick up Benny and do physical activity without breathing like I have run a marathon. I find it so much harder to do normal every day things.
Being able to pick up Benny and do physical activity without breathing like I have run a marathon. I find it so much harder to do normal every day things.
Craving?
Sweets...all.the.sweets! I think it's my brains way of telling my body to stock up on sweets before I am inevitably diagnosed with GD. I have been periodically checking my own blood sugar with my meter and it's been perfect...but it generally doesn't show up until later in pregnancy so I am not getting my hopes up too soon!
Aversions?
Nothing
Emotions?
Things have been crazy...still! The end of the school year and testing season has me going 100 miles an hour all day every day. I am SO looking forward to summer and things slowing down. I feel frazzled most mornings trying to get Benny dropped off at daycare and then getting to work on time...summer is going to be exactly what we both need!
Movement?
Lots and lots and lots of kicks and pokes. Due to my anterior placenta I felt movement a little later this time around and movements were very faint...but I am finally feeling consistent and stronger movements. AJ was even able to feel little man kick last week. I've said it before and I will say it again...hands down the BEST part of pregnancy.
Best Moment(s)
We are moved in and settled into our new house and we LOVE it! All of the stress of moving with a toddler, while pregnant was SO worth it. Benny still calls it "the new house" and he is pretty obsessed as well.
Feeling little man kicking around and AJ finally being able to feel him move was pretty great <3
2 weekends ago after a VERY chaotic month AJ and I decided to cancel all of our plans and just spend the weekend at home hanging out...it was everything we needed and more. I'm already counting down the days until we can have another low key weekend...spring and summer are just too crazy for this homebody!
We are moved in and settled into our new house and we LOVE it! All of the stress of moving with a toddler, while pregnant was SO worth it. Benny still calls it "the new house" and he is pretty obsessed as well.
Feeling little man kicking around and AJ finally being able to feel him move was pretty great <3
2 weekends ago after a VERY chaotic month AJ and I decided to cancel all of our plans and just spend the weekend at home hanging out...it was everything we needed and more. I'm already counting down the days until we can have another low key weekend...spring and summer are just too crazy for this homebody!
Pregnancy Brain Moments
I feel like I have done pretty okay this month. I have a little more energy and less going on so that has helped a ton. I still struggle with words...but what's new?
Looking forward to?
Summer vacation!
Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
We have officially purchased a bassinet and Mamaroo. We borrowed a Mamaroo from a friend last time and Benny loved it...so we decided to just go ahead and get one of our own for this little guy.
We have officially purchased Benny's big boy bed, and we are just waiting on the mattress to be delivered. We are going to work on getting his big boy room all set up and ready and move all of the baby stuff (crib, changing table, rocker) into the nursery in the next few weeks.
We have officially purchased Benny's big boy bed, and we are just waiting on the mattress to be delivered. We are going to work on getting his big boy room all set up and ready and move all of the baby stuff (crib, changing table, rocker) into the nursery in the next few weeks.
Running?
Running still continues to be really great. I haven't had near the soreness after running that I did with Benny. My cousin Sheila and I ran a local 10k last weekend and I felt great after. At this point with Benny I was only running 3-4 miles at a time. That 10k was the last race I have on the schedule, so I think I am going to scale back on the running and focus more on strength training and running 2 days a week. I want to be able to run until the very end, but I know with summer the heat is going to make that a little tougher.
Big Brother Moments
This kid never ceases to amaze me. I worried a bit about his transition to the new house, but he has taken it in stride and adjusted seamlessly. He loves the new house and his new room...let's just hope he loves his new big boy bed in the weeks to come!!
In the last few weeks Benny will finally acknowledge his baby brother. He will go into the baby's room and will say "Look mommy, baby brudders room" and then he will point at all the things in there and say "dats baby brudders" I'm sure the transition to having a baby brother and sharing the attention will not be an easy one...but I know in time he will be the BEST big brother ever!!
Running still continues to be really great. I haven't had near the soreness after running that I did with Benny. My cousin Sheila and I ran a local 10k last weekend and I felt great after. At this point with Benny I was only running 3-4 miles at a time. That 10k was the last race I have on the schedule, so I think I am going to scale back on the running and focus more on strength training and running 2 days a week. I want to be able to run until the very end, but I know with summer the heat is going to make that a little tougher.
Big Brother Moments
This kid never ceases to amaze me. I worried a bit about his transition to the new house, but he has taken it in stride and adjusted seamlessly. He loves the new house and his new room...let's just hope he loves his new big boy bed in the weeks to come!!
In the last few weeks Benny will finally acknowledge his baby brother. He will go into the baby's room and will say "Look mommy, baby brudders room" and then he will point at all the things in there and say "dats baby brudders" I'm sure the transition to having a baby brother and sharing the attention will not be an easy one...but I know in time he will be the BEST big brother ever!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment