This week was a doozy...I totally forgot to have AJ take a picture, and then he was out of town for work and my little tiny terrorist put me through the ringer and I was just too tired to try and set up a self timer shot...so this mirror selfie will have to do :)
How far along?
29 weeks
How big is baby?
Acorn squash
15.2" and 2.5lbs
Weight Gain
I actually didn't gain any weight this month, so I am still up about 14lbs per the doctor's scale.
15.2" and 2.5lbs
Weight Gain
I actually didn't gain any weight this month, so I am still up about 14lbs per the doctor's scale.
What's baby up to this week?
Baby is putting on fat and running out of room (yes, yes he is!) and may start hiccuping this week...which he has. It's cool to feel baby move, but I have to admit the hiccups are not my favorite part. It's a tiny, repetitive, and fast little thumping and lasts for what feels like forever...and while it doesn't hurt it's kind of annoying.
Baby is putting on fat and running out of room (yes, yes he is!) and may start hiccuping this week...which he has. It's cool to feel baby move, but I have to admit the hiccups are not my favorite part. It's a tiny, repetitive, and fast little thumping and lasts for what feels like forever...and while it doesn't hurt it's kind of annoying.
Symptoms?
Heartburn...oh the heartburn! I have turned into a fire breathing dragon and it is making me nauseous and not so fond of food.
Maternity Clothes?
Summer break has made it really easy on me. I basically wear my maternity yoga pants and a tank top every single day....I'm not looking forward to having to get dressed for work in August.
Sleep?
Sleep is staring to get a little more uncomfortable, but nothing crazy. We went to Ohio last week and I had trouble sleeping in my cousin's twin bed so I moved out to the couch and having the back of the couch for back support was actually really nice!
Missing Anything?
Being able to breathe...I'm really struggling to catch my breath these days and it's kind of uncomfortable.
Being able to breathe...I'm really struggling to catch my breath these days and it's kind of uncomfortable.
Craving?
Swedish Fish and Pepsi...a healthy combo if I do say so myself ;)
Aversions?
Nothing
Emotions?
I'm a little moodier this pregnancy for sure. I find myself getting really annoyed with my poor husband...for breathing too hard or other stupid stuff like that. I swear my hearing has just gotten better as the weeks have gone on...I try really hard not to say anything, but sometimes it just grates on my nerves and I can't help it lol!
Movement?
Lots of kicks, nudges, rolls, etc. He is moving ALL.THE.TIME!
Best Moment(s)
This week I took the dreaded glucose test...and my doctor suggested we skip the 1 hour and head straight to the 3 hour test because it was VERY likely that I would fail and have GD again.
This week I took the dreaded glucose test...and my doctor suggested we skip the 1 hour and head straight to the 3 hour test because it was VERY likely that I would fail and have GD again.
I had been testing my numbers with my meter from last time at home over the last few weeks and had not had one high number so I was hopeful going into the test that I would pass, but definitely expecting to fail.
I actually took my meter to my 3 hour test and testing myself after each blood draw and each time I was within the passing numbers...but I still didn't get my hopes up just in case my meter wasn't accurate...but turns out...it was!! The day after my test I got my results back and I passed my glucose test...and not only did I pass, I passed with flying colors.
It's crazy how different each pregnancy can be and I am SO relieved that this is one less thing to worry about over the next 11 weeks. I was panicking a little at the thought of having to count carbs, eat at certain times, and test...because we all know life with a toddler is unpredictable :)
Pregnancy Brain Moments
I haven't really had anything too major, summer break has helped SO much!
Looking forward to?
4th of July and more summer break with Benny!
Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
Benny is officially moved into his big boy bed as of last week. He has transitioned with no issues whatsoever. We moved the crib into the nursery and he still calls it "his crib", but when I ask him who is going to sleep in there he will proudly say "baby brudder"
We still haven't started on the nursery...all the furniture is in there, but I am having trouble getting started. I don't know how I want to decorate it. I considered just using all the decor from Benny's room, but then felt like I wanted to do something new so he isn't stuck with ALL hand me downs ;)
Running?
Running has been great! I don't have as much pressure or pain in my hips/pelvis/pubic bone after running which has been nice...but baby seems to live in my ribs...so it's a trade off I suppose :)
Big Brother Moments
Running has been great! I don't have as much pressure or pain in my hips/pelvis/pubic bone after running which has been nice...but baby seems to live in my ribs...so it's a trade off I suppose :)
Big Brother Moments
We had a great month with a trip to visit Papa John in Ohio and as always this little traveler did amazing! He is so go with the flow and happy go lucky he makes stressful situations (like detoured or missed flights) a little more bearable.
His transition to his new big boy bed had me feeling a little anxious, especially with being in a new house but he has blown me away with the ease in which he made the transition. We kept the crib in his room for a week or so and let him decide where he wanted to sleep...he chose his bed (with his Star Wars sheets) every single time. Naps and bedtime have been smooth sailing and when he wakes up each time he will proudly say "I slept in my new bed mommy!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment