Saturday, June 29, 2019

31 Weeks: Holy Round Ligaments


Oh my word...I have absolutely blown up in the last 2 weeks. I swear this bump has doubled (maybe tripled) in size. My body is definitely feeling the effects of this growth spurt as well.

How far along?
31 weeks

How big is baby?
Asparagus
16.2" and 3.3lbs

Weight Gain
Still up 15ish pounds...I was panicking because I was gaining weight faster than I did with Benny, but I haven't gained any weight in the last 6ish weeks, so now I am about right on track with where I was with him.

What's baby up to this week?
Baby is going through major brain and nerve development this week and his irises now react to light. All 5 of his senses are in working order.

Symptoms?
Holy round ligament pain...this last week has been exceptionally painful. I never had any major issues while pregnant with Benny, but this time around has been a little more intense. The doctor said it was to be expected with a second pregnancy...and then add to that a 2 year old that always wants me to hold him. Other than that I have had some minor heartburn and fatigue.

Maternity Clothes?
Still just wearing my workout clothes most days...and when I must look a bit nicer I have a few pair of maternity shorts and tank tops that I just rotate. I'm not sure what I will do when school starts back up...I will only be at work for about 3 weeks so I don't want to buy anything new.

Sleep?
Sleep has been pretty good...I'm waking up at least once a night to use this restroom and this is when the round ligament pain seems to be the worst. When I go to roll out of bed it literally feels like my lower stomach muscles are tearing...it's a cute little bent over shuffle as I limp to the bathroom...good thing it's dark :)

Missing Anything?
My body...and not the way it looks so much as what it can do. It's been hard accepting my limitations especially when it comes to Benny and getting things done around the house.

Craving?
Milk, milk, and more milk...this was a craving I had with Benny around this time as well and my pregnancy app said that baby is using extra calcium around this time so I wonder if that is why?

Aversions?
Tomato based foods seem to make my heartburn worse, so they haven't sounded particularly delicious.

Emotions?
I've been feeling kind of blah this last few weeks. I have been very lazy and tired. After a rough couple weeks with Benny and AJ being out of town I have been feeling a little more introverted and needing more down time....luckily with summer break and a good little napper I have been getting to indulge in some rest and  relaxation in the afternoons. 

Movement? 
Feeling lots and lots of movement these days...and we have moved on to the whole belly shaking movements. It's so crazy to feel and see him moving around in there. I asked the doctor if he was in head down because I was feeling lots of kicks and pushes in my sides...and she said yes, so I am thinking he must just be doing jumping jacks lol!

Best Moment(s)
Summer break has meant lots of extra time with Bennett and I am loving every second of it...especially now that we have moved past "hell week" and he is back to normal. Don't get me wrong, we still have our toddler moments, but he has been his happy go lucky self again and it makes this mama so happy...and relieved :)

Pregnancy Brain Moments
Nothing that I can think of...summer break and a happier kiddo has definitely helped! 

Looking forward to?
The 4th of July! Benny LOVED the fireworks last year and I can't wait to experience them through his eyes again...and to spend time with friends and family! 

Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
Nada...I'm still trying to get things done around the house before I can even think about finalizing things in the nursery. I mean...he won't even be sleeping in there at first...and he won't know the difference...right? #SecondKidProblems

Running?
Running has been pretty good...the fatigue has made it a little harder to get up early in the mornings so I am only running 2-3 days per week and going early to beat the heat. On the days I don't run I try to do one of my BB workout videos or at least go for a walk...the doctor said that staying active would help my round ligament pain, so that in itself is very motivating.

Big Brother Moments

This boy seems to grow, mature, and learn new things every day. It's so fun to see the changes in him...although it kind of breaks my heart at the same time. It's hard to believe that in 9 short weeks he won't be the baby anymore and he will be the big brother!! While it's hard on this mama's heart, I have no doubt he will do great in his new position.


Follow 

Follow

0 comments:

Post a Comment