Left: 33 weeks with Baby #2
Right: 33 weeks with Bennett
I'm so glad I took these photos throughout pregnancy (even though I hate taking them and didn't take near as many this time around) because it's fun to see the changes and now to see the differences.
How far along?
33 weeks
How big is baby?
A head of celery ~4.2lbs and 17.5'' long and let me tell you he feels every bit of that tall...my short torso is getting extra crowded!
Weight Gain
According to the doctor's scale I didn't gain any weight, so I am still sitting at around 15lbs. I haven't gained any weight in 9 weeks; but my doctor didn't say anything so I assume it's fine? I only gained around 20lbs total with Benny, so I seem to be right on track.
Weight Gain
According to the doctor's scale I didn't gain any weight, so I am still sitting at around 15lbs. I haven't gained any weight in 9 weeks; but my doctor didn't say anything so I assume it's fine? I only gained around 20lbs total with Benny, so I seem to be right on track.
What's baby up to this week?
He is keeping his eyes open while awake and is coordinating breathing with sucking and swallowing. His bones are hardening and major brain development is going on.
He is keeping his eyes open while awake and is coordinating breathing with sucking and swallowing. His bones are hardening and major brain development is going on.
Symptoms?
Buhhh...heartburn/indigestion/acid reflux...whatever it is (I have no idea what the difference is) has been horrible! I have been super nauseous and my esophagus feels like a lava tube. I could probably breathe fire if I tried. I didn't have much heartburn with Bennett so this has been a very unwelcome surprise. I find that it's especially bad after tomato based meals or when I am laying down or bending over...sooooo I'm avoiding the foods and hoping some Zantac will help with the other stuff.
Other than heartburn I am feeling pretty good. The round ligament pain seems to have subsided...I'm wondering if it was just a growth spurt of some sort causing all the issues...my belly did triple in size lol!
I'm starting to notice more frequent Braxton Hicks, and while they aren't painful they do take my breath away...it's like I am flexing as hard as I can...so it definitely stops me in my tracks.
Other than heartburn I am feeling pretty good. The round ligament pain seems to have subsided...I'm wondering if it was just a growth spurt of some sort causing all the issues...my belly did triple in size lol!
I'm starting to notice more frequent Braxton Hicks, and while they aren't painful they do take my breath away...it's like I am flexing as hard as I can...so it definitely stops me in my tracks.
Maternity Clothes?
I am soaking up the last of my summer break and not having to worry about what I am wearing. I basically live in maternity leggings/shorts and my workout tops...it's been really nice to be quite honest. I am dreading those 3 weeks I am back at school...luckily, one of those weeks is filled with in-service so I will probably be able to get away with more casual attire for those few days.
Sleep?
Sleep is still pretty good...waking up to the go to the bathroom most nights, but the RLP when I get out of bed is gone so that is SO nice. The acid reflux seems to be the worst at night so I am pretty miserable when I wake up and on the verge of throwing up...sooooo that's fun ;) Luckily, I can fall back asleep really quickly because I am so tired.
Missing Anything?
Being able to eat pizza or a plethora of my other favorite foods. I am so grateful I don't have to watch my diet as carefully since I don't have GD...but this acid reflux has thrown a wrench in eating for sure!
Being able to eat pizza or a plethora of my other favorite foods. I am so grateful I don't have to watch my diet as carefully since I don't have GD...but this acid reflux has thrown a wrench in eating for sure!
Craving?
Still milk...and lots of it! I had to go out and by another gallon halfway through the week because I was drinking so much.
Aversions?
Food in general isn't sounding that great these days. The reflux makes me nauseous which in turn makes me not feel like eating at all. I am eating smaller meals/snacks throughout the day which seems to help a little...but I am just not really all that hungry.
Emotions?
Feeling much better this week, still tired but not as introverted and cranky. I am starting to feel a little anxious about the start of the school year (SO.MUCH.TO.DO) and the idea of having 2 kiddos in 7ish weeks...life is about to change drastically in the Smith household...and while I am so excited to meet this little man I know from experience what a shock to the system (and sleep) a newborn can bring.
Movement?
Still feeling and seeing LOTS of movement. Little man is quite the mover and shaker.
Best Moment(s)
AJ has been taking a few days off work here and there and it's been so nice having him home. We have had the chance to do some fun things as a family and it's been nice getting a break from "hold you mama" because Benny seems to be all about his dad these days.
AJ has been taking a few days off work here and there and it's been so nice having him home. We have had the chance to do some fun things as a family and it's been nice getting a break from "hold you mama" because Benny seems to be all about his dad these days.
Pregnancy Brain Moments
Some girls from work came over last week and I sent them my address via text and I sent them my old address...some day I will get my act together lol!
Looking forward to?
We picked out new carpet for our downstairs family room and living room and they are coming out to measure this week. I can't wait to have fresh new carpet! And next weekend we are going to pick out our new kitchen counter-tops...they said install is still 4-6 weeks out, but having it on the calendar is really exciting!
Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
I bought a changing pad cover and finally decided how I want to decorate the nursery...so I have a few things I need to buy and I am hoping to do that this upcoming week or so. I want to have his room ready to go before I head back to work...I know I won't have the time or energy once I am working full time.
Benny now has curtains in his room, so now we just have to get a few things hung on the wall and his big boy room is complete!
Benny now has curtains in his room, so now we just have to get a few things hung on the wall and his big boy room is complete!
Running?
Summer running is hard....and summer running is nearly impossible when you are 33 weeks pregnant. The heat and humidity came in like a wrecking ball and while I am still getting out a couple times a week it's been harder and harder to catch my breath...obviously baby is crowding my lungs, but it's that humidity that takes my breath away the minute I open the door...woof! Physically running is feeling great, so I am going to keep at it as long as I can. I made it to 37 weeks with Benny so my goal is to make it that long...if not a longer if possible...I may just have to switch to the treadmill.
Big Brother Moments
We have had 2 names picked out for Benny's baby brother and when we ask Benny what is baby brother's name is he definitely has a favorite. He even added his own choice of middle name and it was pretty adorable....although, his middle name choice is John (guessing because of my grandpa John) and while we like it...there is something about John Smith that doesn't work for us ;)
With it being summer Benny has been joining me for my bi-weekly doctor's appointments and he has been SO good every time we come. He always asks "what's that noise" when he hears the heartbeat and he talks about Dr. Blevins for a few days after each appointment. He tells me "Dr. Blevins check on baby brudder"
Summer running is hard....and summer running is nearly impossible when you are 33 weeks pregnant. The heat and humidity came in like a wrecking ball and while I am still getting out a couple times a week it's been harder and harder to catch my breath...obviously baby is crowding my lungs, but it's that humidity that takes my breath away the minute I open the door...woof! Physically running is feeling great, so I am going to keep at it as long as I can. I made it to 37 weeks with Benny so my goal is to make it that long...if not a longer if possible...I may just have to switch to the treadmill.
Big Brother Moments
We have had 2 names picked out for Benny's baby brother and when we ask Benny what is baby brother's name is he definitely has a favorite. He even added his own choice of middle name and it was pretty adorable....although, his middle name choice is John (guessing because of my grandpa John) and while we like it...there is something about John Smith that doesn't work for us ;)
With it being summer Benny has been joining me for my bi-weekly doctor's appointments and he has been SO good every time we come. He always asks "what's that noise" when he hears the heartbeat and he talks about Dr. Blevins for a few days after each appointment. He tells me "Dr. Blevins check on baby brudder"
0 comments:
Post a Comment