My uterus is 1,000 x it's normal size this week...and I believe it! Holy smokes things are getting awfully crowded in there...
How far along?
35 weeks
How big is baby?
A pineapple; 18.2" from head to heel and ~ 5.3lbs
Baby won't be getting much bigger, but will likely put on at least a lb before he is born.
Weight Gain
19 lbs according to the doctor's scale...my scale says 17lbs, so somewhere around there.
Baby won't be getting much bigger, but will likely put on at least a lb before he is born.
Weight Gain
19 lbs according to the doctor's scale...my scale says 17lbs, so somewhere around there.
What's baby up to this week?
Baby’s hearing is now fully developed, and he responds best to high-pitched noises. Most of his development is complete by now, the only thing that needs a little maturing are his lungs.
Baby’s hearing is now fully developed, and he responds best to high-pitched noises. Most of his development is complete by now, the only thing that needs a little maturing are his lungs.
Symptoms?
I'm getting heartburn less frequently, but when I do...whoa, watch out!! I am a fire breathing dragon and it is VERY unpleasant. I am taking Zantac most evenings and occasionally in the morning depending on how I feel.
I have had some round ligament pains here and there, and just an overall soreness in my legs and back. I have trouble getting comfortable especially when sitting...but when I stand too long my poor legs/feet get achy.
I have had some round ligament pains here and there, and just an overall soreness in my legs and back. I have trouble getting comfortable especially when sitting...but when I stand too long my poor legs/feet get achy.
Just a few days ago I had my first little bout of swelling...and I know it's only going to get worse once I am back to work and on my feet all day. I had swelling at this time with Benny, and luckily it stayed just in my feet...so hopefully that is the case this time around.
Maternity Clothes?
Still enjoying my summer wardrobe and blocking out the fact that I have to go back to work in less than 2 weeks...
Sleep?
Eh...not terrible, but not great. I am having trouble getting comfortable and my belly is feeling super heavy. I have been staying up too late and waking up pretty early...which doesn't help the fatigue. I have also been using nap time trying to get ready for baby...so I haven't been getting in my afternoon catnaps.
Missing Anything?
Being able to get around easily and comfortably and having energy to do anything. I'm glad Benny and I were able to do so many fun things at the beginning of summer break, because nowadays we are lucky if we leave the house.
Being able to get around easily and comfortably and having energy to do anything. I'm glad Benny and I were able to do so many fun things at the beginning of summer break, because nowadays we are lucky if we leave the house.
Craving?
Cold meat sandwiches...I didn't eat any lunch meat while pregnant with Benny, but my OB said she ate Mr. Goodcents weekly while she was pregnant and I was fine to indulge...sooooo I have :)
Aversions?
My appetite has been better this week. I have been hungrier, but finding something that sounds good and doesn't give me major heartburn has been tricky.
Emotions?
I'm tired, feeling guilty for being so lazy, and feeling a little anxious about going back to work. Bennett is starting at a new daycare and the thought of leaving him somewhere new after an entire summer spent attached at the hip is making this mama sad. Lots of new changes headed this poor little guys' way, and while he has proven that he can roll with the punches, I am him mama and I can't help but worry about him.
Movement?
He is moving ALL the time. Lots of big kicks, pushes, shoves, and what feels and looks like shudders. He is getting comfortable in his tight space.
Also, just like his big brother he gets the hiccups at minimum 3x per day and sometimes even more. While it's cute, it's not my favorite...the repetitive taps get old really quickly.
Also, just like his big brother he gets the hiccups at minimum 3x per day and sometimes even more. While it's cute, it's not my favorite...the repetitive taps get old really quickly.
Best Moment(s)
Spending lots of one on one time with Benny! With school starting back up and baby coming in about a month I know our one on one time is limited, so I am so grateful for my summer break with him to soak up all the extra time we can get.
Spending lots of one on one time with Benny! With school starting back up and baby coming in about a month I know our one on one time is limited, so I am so grateful for my summer break with him to soak up all the extra time we can get.
Pregnancy Brain Moments
Last week I couldn't remember our address and this week I couldn't remember my phone number...
Looking forward to?
Is it too soon to say meeting our new little man? I have waves of anxiousness and feeling not ready...but mostly I am just so excited for his birthday and to finally get to see his sweet little face.
Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
We have just about everything ready to go in the nursery, we just have to put it together or hang it up...which I am hoping we will accomplish this week. I would really like to have all the last minute things done before heading back to school.
Running?
Running has been going really well until a few days ago. I think baby has dropped and he is now sitting on my bladder and making things really uncomfortable. I no joke went to the bathroom 3x before leaving the house the other day and got no less than 1/10 of a mile from home and had to turn back to go one more time...and even after that I still didn't trust myself to get too far from home. On top of the having to pee I could feel a ton of pressure as I ran, so I walked quite a bit more than normal. I haven't tried to run since and I am not sure I will...I just don't know if I am up for pushing myself to go any longer...it's not fun, my legs feel like sandbags, and I have to get up super early to beat the heat...just going to continue to take it day by day at this point.
Big Brother Moments
Running has been going really well until a few days ago. I think baby has dropped and he is now sitting on my bladder and making things really uncomfortable. I no joke went to the bathroom 3x before leaving the house the other day and got no less than 1/10 of a mile from home and had to turn back to go one more time...and even after that I still didn't trust myself to get too far from home. On top of the having to pee I could feel a ton of pressure as I ran, so I walked quite a bit more than normal. I haven't tried to run since and I am not sure I will...I just don't know if I am up for pushing myself to go any longer...it's not fun, my legs feel like sandbags, and I have to get up super early to beat the heat...just going to continue to take it day by day at this point.
Big Brother Moments
Oh this sweet boy has made the last few weeks of summer break extra fun! He had a rough week filled with lots of tears and fits (his last 2 year molar is coming in) but then followed it up with a week filled with smiles, laughs, and lots of fun! I'm so grateful for this time together this summer before baby brother comes...it's been such a special summer spent soaking up all of this one on one time together. I will definitely miss our slow mornings together spent in our pjs eating breakfast, singing songs, and talking non-sense :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment