I can't even believe how fast time has gone...I blinked and summer break was over. I am always a little sad to have to go back to work after a nice relaxing summer, but this summer is extra emotional...my last summer just me and my boy before his little brother arrives. We had such a good summer spending one on one time together and making memories and I just hated to see it end.
How far along?
37 weeks
How big is baby?
Romaine Lettuce; ~19.1 inches and 6.3lbs and gaining about half an ounce each day.
Weight Gain
I have no idea, and I am too lazy to get on the scale. I will find out (and maybe update) tomorrow at my appointment.
Weight Gain
I have no idea, and I am too lazy to get on the scale. I will find out (and maybe update) tomorrow at my appointment.
What's baby up to this week?
Baby's practicing some cool new skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping, and blinking. I noticed the other day that I could see my stomach moving up and down and it wasn't me breathing...it was baby practice breathing...so cool!
Baby's practicing some cool new skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping, and blinking. I noticed the other day that I could see my stomach moving up and down and it wasn't me breathing...it was baby practice breathing...so cool!
Symptoms?
I am so darn tired these days...the littlest exertion of effort leaves me feeling like I could use a nap.
I have had some slight swelling in my ankles...which is weird because my feet aren't swelling very much, but my poor little ankles are puffy.
Other than that I am feeling pretty good...I am uncomfortable at times, but nothing super crazy.
I have had some slight swelling in my ankles...which is weird because my feet aren't swelling very much, but my poor little ankles are puffy.
Other than that I am feeling pretty good...I am uncomfortable at times, but nothing super crazy.
Maternity Clothes?
This has been/will be my biggest struggling as of a few days ago. Going back to work means I can't wear yoga pants or shorts every day. I wore jeans to work on Thursday and Friday and nearly sweat to death. I luckily have several maxi dresses that fit and I will likely just get by on those for the next 3 weeks.
Sleep?
Sleep has not been great...I am having a lot of trouble falling asleep at night and getting into a deep sleep. I wake up 2-3 times minimum per night and have to use the restroom and then I have a lot of trouble falling back asleep. Add to that Benny had 2 nights this week where he woke up in the middle of the night crying for me and climbed out of his bed. Talk about an adrenaline rush...he falls back asleep easy but I am not so lucky.
Missing Anything?
Can I say summer break? While I do have to admit being at work is slightly easier than chasing a toddler around all day...I miss our slow mornings and nap time :)
Can I say summer break? While I do have to admit being at work is slightly easier than chasing a toddler around all day...I miss our slow mornings and nap time :)
Craving?
I really, really, really want a McDonald's crispy chicken snack wrap...but guess what? They don't make them anymore...devastated doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about that.
Aversions?
Nothing that I can really think of...eating has become a much less pleasant experience overall to be honest. I always feel like I stuffed myself silly even after small meals...so that's fun.
Emotions?
I would say I am feeling equal parts anxious and calm...if that makes any sense. I feel anxious about the fact that I have SO much to do at work to prepare and I am only 10 days out from when I delivered with Benny...I am hoping to make it as close to my due date as possible with this little guy...I would love to have everything wrapped up and ready to go before going on maternity leave...
However, I am also feeling pretty calm about things at home. I was super anxious about having every single little thing ready for Benny before he was born and this time around I am much more laid back. His nursery isn't quite done, I am not sure if we have everything purchased, etc...but I know from experience we aren't homebound after baby is born and Amazon has 2 day shipping ;) Anything I don't have I can easily get after.
However, I am also feeling pretty calm about things at home. I was super anxious about having every single little thing ready for Benny before he was born and this time around I am much more laid back. His nursery isn't quite done, I am not sure if we have everything purchased, etc...but I know from experience we aren't homebound after baby is born and Amazon has 2 day shipping ;) Anything I don't have I can easily get after.
Movement?
Lots and lots of strong pushes, pokes, and jabs. I feel the most movement at night when I am getting ready for bed. It's like he is having a late night dance party.
Best Moment(s)
Bennett started at a new daycare this week and to say I was feeling anxious is an understatement. He has been VERY attached to me all summer and I worried about how he would do with me leaving him somewhere new...
Well...plot twist...the first day I dropped him off at Miss Francine's he cheered as we pulled into her driveway and when we walked in the house he took his shoes off, looked at me and said "I go play now?" and when I said "Sure buddy, but mommy is going to work so come give me a kiss goodbye" he ran over gave me a kiss and said "Bye mommy, see you soon"
I was floored...he didn't even look back. My mama heart simultaneously broke and felt relieved all at the same time. He was such a brave boy and made the transition beautifully. He went to Miss Francine's all week and every day was the same story...he couldn't wait to get inside to play and then at pick up he was sad he had to leave. I couldn't have asked for a better transition!
We owe a lot of that smooth transition to Miss Francine. She is the kindest, most welcoming person I have ever met. She set up a summer play date which allowed Benny to see her again and meet the other kids. Having that encounter and being able to talk about going to Miss Francine's in the days leading up to our first day really helped.
Bennett started at a new daycare this week and to say I was feeling anxious is an understatement. He has been VERY attached to me all summer and I worried about how he would do with me leaving him somewhere new...
Well...plot twist...the first day I dropped him off at Miss Francine's he cheered as we pulled into her driveway and when we walked in the house he took his shoes off, looked at me and said "I go play now?" and when I said "Sure buddy, but mommy is going to work so come give me a kiss goodbye" he ran over gave me a kiss and said "Bye mommy, see you soon"
I was floored...he didn't even look back. My mama heart simultaneously broke and felt relieved all at the same time. He was such a brave boy and made the transition beautifully. He went to Miss Francine's all week and every day was the same story...he couldn't wait to get inside to play and then at pick up he was sad he had to leave. I couldn't have asked for a better transition!
We owe a lot of that smooth transition to Miss Francine. She is the kindest, most welcoming person I have ever met. She set up a summer play date which allowed Benny to see her again and meet the other kids. Having that encounter and being able to talk about going to Miss Francine's in the days leading up to our first day really helped.
Pregnancy Brain Moments
I actually haven't felt too bad in this department. I am mentally all there...but physically I am so drained I can't seem to manage to accomplish anything.
Looking forward to?
Baby's birthday is #1 on this list...although I would prefer he wait a few more weeks. Another thing I am looking forward to is our new counter tops being installed...this won't happen until Sept. 13th...but having a date on the calendar is VERY exciting!
Projects/Baby Gear purchased?
We have hung just about everything on the walls and his room is 85% ready. I am hoping to get a few last minute things together...but like I mentioned before...if not, no biggie :)
Running?
I got out to run 2x this week and both times I felt pretty darn good. I am not having nearly the pelvic/hip pain I had with Benny and my swelling isn't too bad yet, which is so nice.
I was even able to run 1 mile without stopping at under an 11 minute mile pace, which is a win in my books. I made it to 37 weeks with Benny and that was really my only goal this time around so I can't decide if I am going to stop now or try and keep going since I am not super uncomfortable yet? Going back to work means I have less time to get my runs in...our mornings are sort of rushed unless I get up at 4:45AM and after school isn't happening because I am not pushing a stroller in this heat...and after Benny goes to bed...well I go to bed too :) so we shall see.
Big Brother Moments
I got out to run 2x this week and both times I felt pretty darn good. I am not having nearly the pelvic/hip pain I had with Benny and my swelling isn't too bad yet, which is so nice.
I was even able to run 1 mile without stopping at under an 11 minute mile pace, which is a win in my books. I made it to 37 weeks with Benny and that was really my only goal this time around so I can't decide if I am going to stop now or try and keep going since I am not super uncomfortable yet? Going back to work means I have less time to get my runs in...our mornings are sort of rushed unless I get up at 4:45AM and after school isn't happening because I am not pushing a stroller in this heat...and after Benny goes to bed...well I go to bed too :) so we shall see.
Big Brother Moments
He never ceases to amaze me with his laid back demeanor and ability to go with the flow. He has absolutely shocked me with how well he adjusted to not only going back to daycare, but going to a new place. He has had a lot of changes in his life in the last few months and he has handled them all with ease. He is such a good kid and we feel so very lucky!

0 comments:
Post a Comment