Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Happy Birthday Benny! {TWO}

And just like that...we have a TWO year old!


It's so clique...and I swore I would NEVER be that mom, but here I am saying "Where has the time gone?"

 Seriously, people tell you it goes fast...and they are not lying. It feels like just yesterday that he was born. I guess time flies when you are having fun, right?

Luckily, this year Bennett's birthday was on a Saturday so we got to spend all day long celebrating! A nice change of pace from last year when we had to pick him up from daycare early with a fever.

We started off the day with going into his room with balloons and singing him happy birthday. The smile on his face was amazing...and when he looked at us after we finished singing he said "Hey, what's going on?" we both died laughing.


After that we took him downstairs so he could have his birthday presents. The gift I was most excited about was his Paw Patrol Lookout Tower! I spent weeks scouring the internet and swap sites for a used Lookout Tower because the new ones are $100 and I couldn't bring myself to spend that on something we weren't sure he would even really play with.


Turns out I had nothing to worry about because this kid is OBSESSED! We had a few other presents for him and he started opening one but stopped immediately to go back and play with his lookout tower lol! 


Still days later he will come downstairs after nap and light up and say "MY LOOKOUT TOWER" I think it's safe to say his birthday gift was a success! 

After we convinced him to open his other presents we then got changed out of our jammies and headed to IHop for breakfast with Grammy and Papa. 


Even though it was his birthday, he insisted on paying the bill ;) 

After breakfast my parents came back to the house to give Benny his presents. They wanted him to be able to open him before the chaos of his birthday party that night. 




He was much more enthusiastic about these presents...but it could have been because they were all Paw Patrol...well all except one...


My dad ended up making an impulsive purchase at the Disney Store a few weeks back and has been SO excited to give Benny is very own animatronic Chewbacca toy.


This kid was VERY unsure of this growling creature. He definitely kept his distance and always had an eye on him...it was so funny!

After lunch it was time for nap and this boy was TOO EXCITED to sleep. He jumped around in his crib, sang songs, and even managed to snag one of his books off the ladder next to his bed. I was sure we were going to be dealing with "no nap Benny" but he finally settled down after about an hour.

After nap we headed out to my parents house for a family pizza party. I'm so grateful my mom agreed to host, because our house is currently in the process of being packed up for the move.




This kid loves his pizza and a pizza picnic with daddy and his big cousin "Nona" was even better! 


He waited patiently for his birthday cake, and his face lit up when he finally got to see the Lion King cake he has requested. 


Seriously, my very favorite part of the day was seeing his face light up as we sang happy birthday to him. It was like he was in disbelief that no only was he getting cake but we were singing to him! 

 

These two little sweeties waited SO patiently for their pieces of cake!


Two peas in a pod!


After cake we opened presents and this guy was a total champ! He obviously wanted to open each present and play with it immediately, but he got through the mountain of presents eventually!

It was the absolutely perfect day spent with our little guy and our family <3 I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to spend the whole day celebrating not only his birthday, but the joy he has brought to our family over the last 2 years. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment